oregon park has been designed to provide a combination of high specification, efficient office space with particular focus on low energy consumption in a pleasant, attractively landscaped plot of 3,9 hectares. The developer’s intention at oregon park is to provide a low-rise, open environment in a well located commercial area with good road and public transportation infrastructure.
oregon park is one of the few locations in Bucharest that offers excellent road links to the city centre, the main housing area and the airports. It also has a metro station and both tram and bus networks. There are no immediate neighbors so all spaces have good natural light. The floor plates are regularly shaped, large and flexible.
In addition to accessibility and the commercial microenvironment the office space is designed to be energy efficient. There are many ways to be environmentally conscious but the focus at oregon park is on the reduction of energy consumption via practical and sustainable means. The buildings are designed in accordance with BREEAM recommendations which will ultimately assess oregon park based upon attention to: health and well being of workers, energy efficiency, transport, use of water, waste treatment, use and sourcing of construction materials and ecological use of the land.
• Four pipe fan coil air-conditioning system • Raised floors for flexible data cabling and partitioning
• Suspended ceilings with 450 lux recessed lighting, LED technology
• Stunning reception with 24-hour security
• Open-plan floorplates with 1.5m planning module and up to 3440m2 office space per floor
• High-quality interior fittings • Secure basement car parking
• Green landscape and exterior parking
• Ground sourced heat pump (GSHP)
Robust materials selected for low environmental impact over life cycle. Responsibly sourced concrete and insulation. Low environmental impact insulation materials
Land use and ecology
Development of land that was previously of low ecological value. Ecological value of the site will be enhanced with new plants and trees.
• Low emission boiler plan
• Low flood risk location
• Minimised watercourse pollution risk
• External LED lighting designed to reduce night time
• Noise attenuation
Health and well-being
• Excellent day lighting and glare control
• LED lighting
• Internal and external lighting to EU best practice
• Occupant controlled lighting, heating and cooling systems
• Optional natural / window ventilation (2 out of 5 windows)
• Indoor air quality – air intakes away from sources of pollution.
• Water services designed to minimise risk of legionellosis. Best practice acoustic performance within the building
Water and waste
• Water efficient sanitary appliances (self-stopping taps, low-flush wcs) Dyson hand dryers, no paper towel waste
• Water consumption and water leak management monitored by BMS
• Recyclable waste storage, waste separation
A complex system combining a ground sourced heat pump is designed to provide pre-cooling and pre-heating to all office space + IT rooms to minimize carbon emissions.
Use of natural energy resources and energy savings
oregon park is Portland Trust´s second office development in Bucharest to really embrace meaningful, practical and environmentally focussed energy saving concepts via the GSHP system.
Low carbon technologies include:
• Ground sourced heat pump (GSHP)
• ‘A’ rated energy performance monitoring according to BREEAM and BMS monitoring of all energy consuming systems
• Energy efficient DCS (destination control system) lifts
• Energy efficient internal / external LED lighting
• High quality glazing to reduce internal summer heat gains and winter heat losses
The combination of all the above items will bring significant savings in the amount of electricity used and therefore reductions in the total cost of electricity.
There will be a specific regime in place to constantly monitor all consumption in order for comparisons and benchmarking.